JULY 12, 2022 - BY DR. SHERAZ KHAN
If you are a Physiotherapist, or Occupational Therapist or Speech & Language Therapist or looking for a new opportunity, you may wonder how to find a recruitment agency.
There are many locum recruitment agencies out there, but not all of them are created equal. This blog post will explain what to look for in a recruitment agency and how to find the best one for you!
What Is A Locum Therapist?
A locum therapist is a healthcare professional who works temporarily in a variety of settings. Locum therapists often work in hospitals, clinics, and community health centres. They may also work in private practices or home health care agencies.
When working as a locum physiotherapist, or occupational therapist, your job will provide care to patients who are recovering from an injury, illness, or surgery. You will work with a team of healthcare professionals to create individualized treatment plans and help patients achieve their rehabilitation goals.
How To Find A Recruitment Agency For Locum Therapists?
There are many locum agencies out there, but not all of them will be a good fit for you. Here are some things to look for when choosing a locum agency:
● A locum agency that specialiZes in your healthcare discipline. Make sure the agency you choose has experience placing locum therapists, locum physiotherapists, or locum occupational therapists.
● An agency with a good reputation. Ask around and see if anyone you know has used the agency before. Read online reviews to understand what other locum therapists think of the agency.
● An agency that offers a competitive locum rate. Be sure to compare rates between different agencies to get an idea of fair compensation for your locum position.
● Lastly and most importantly, an agency that is fully attuned to the latest national guidelines & health advisories required by Ministry of Health ( MOH ) & Agency for Integrated Care ( AIC ). With prompt notifications from the respective authority bodies, the agency is able to offer prompt advise and consultations to the clinicians in a timely manner – relieving the clinicians’ stress in the midst of the changing national guidelines.
Benefits Of Using Recruitment Agency For Locum Therapists
There are many benefits to using a locum agency, including:
● The ability to work in a variety of settings. Locum agencies often have contracts with various healthcare facilities, so you can choose the type of setting you want to work in.
● The ability to work flexible hours. As a locum therapist, you can set your own hours and work around your schedule.
● The ability to try different types of therapy. Working as a locum therapist allows you to experience different types of therapy and find the type you are most passionate about.
● Increased earnings potential. Locum therapists often earn more than full-time therapists because they are paid an hourly rate.
Pacific Rehab Group: The Leading Medical Recruitment Agency In Singapore
Pacific Rehab Group is the leading Locum Allied Health Agency & Medical Recruitment specialist in Singapore. As a Full Suite Recruitment Solutions provider, you can count on us if you are transiting to Locum pathway or exploring Permanent positions.
We specialize in placing 100% Local, Licensed & Experienced Allied Health Professionals in all levels of healthcare settings. From restructured hospitals, community hospitals, day rehab centers, center-based care like day rehab centers & dementia care centers and even private clinics – we have covered it all.
As a Community Care Partner of Agency For Integrated Care ( AIC ), we are fully attuned to the latest governmental guidelines and requirements and ensuring our clients receive safe, quality and reliable manpower support for their institutions – so that they can spare their time to provide even better care for their patients.
We offer a competitive locum rate and a wide variety of locum positions in Singapore.
Contact us today to find out more!